Sunday, June 29, 2008
A cute story
Today the kids and I took a walk around the block. As we were walking I told the kids about a story my mom tells from her family history. So of course I had to call her and get the details correct. Then the kids came up with a bunch of questions. So the story goes, my GreatX3grandparents joined the church in England at the beginning of the church. Isaac Hunt and Ann Newley(sp). When she joined the church she was disowned by her family, so she went to live with another family and they came to the US together. While crossing on the ship she fell in love with Isaac. When they got to the states he was the wagon train in front of her. So he left her notes on the rock and cow heads and whatever he kind find. They got married when they got to Salt Lake. So my kids had all of kinds of questions like, what did he write with, what did the notes say and how hold were they. I thought they came up with some very interesting questions. It was fun telling them some of their history. So I know that was kindof long but I know I will forget these moments if I don't write them down. So you can all read along too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment