Thursday, April 1, 2010

Repelling or (Throw your kid off a rock)

This was a first time for most of us, some liked it some did not! I didn't even try. I have to say this was one of the hardest things I have had to watch. I was crying when Alyssa was starting out. It was so hard to not be down there to help her. She was very scared and kept saying that she couldn't do it. For me to not be able to comfort her and have to watch was so tough (mom's are supposed to be able to help their children.) But what an awesome experience for all of the kids, to try something new and learn to trust in themselves. Thank you Dwain for bringing all of your equipment and sharing with us.
Alyssa had a hard time taking the first step off, but I truly admire her for taking that step. I am petrified of heights, and I couldn't do it, I could barely stand on the rock to take pictures. She actually loved everyminute after the first and went down 4 more times!

Carlynn loved this event, I wish I could overcome my fears, because they had such a great time.

No comments: